Many vacancies in the following locations:
This job is open to
Current students enrolled in accredited educational institutions from high school to graduate level. Includes internships, pathways and other student programs.
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a student trainee in the Pathways Internship Program with on-the-job training and guidance.
Learn more about this agency
THIS PUBLIC NOTICE COVERS ALL SUMMER HIRE STUDENT TRAINEE, WG-3501-01/02/03/04 POSITIONS FOR ALL TITLES. Please go to the Qualifications Section of this announcement to view instructions on how to submit your interest email to the Base Point of Contact
- Lifts and carries light to medium weight packages, materials, and tools.
- Performs such duties as picking up trash and paper from grounds, raking leaves or grass.
- Pulling weeds, watering and trimming grass, spreading abrasives and/or chemicals on icy surfaces, washing motor vehicles (by hand), and cleaning hand tools after use.
- Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe work environment.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Loads, unloads, moves, and stacks material such as heavy boxes and bulky items by hand, hand trucks, or dollies.
- Operates hand tools and simple power equipment.
- Performs a variety of manual tasks such as moving, arranging, collecting, and cleaning equipment and materials.
- Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Loads, unloads, separates, stacks, and carries materials, supplies, and packages weighing from 80 to 100 pounds (36 to 45 kilograms) or more.
- Maintains and accounts for all types of equipment and tools required to accomplish assigned duties.
- Operates large, complex riding lawn mowers and similar types of specialized mowing equipment
- Reviews assigned project or plan
- Completes all aspects of special assignments involving several steps, phases, or detailed procedures
- This is Temporary position Not to Exceed (NTE) 89 days.
Conditions Of Employment
- Must meet suitability requirements for Federal employment
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be enrolled at least half-time at a qualiflying accredited institution
- Must sign a Participant Agreement
- U.S. citizen or national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island)
- Must be eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws
- Males 18 years or older must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Accepted for enrollment or enrolled in an approved program
- Enrollment must be at least half-time course load as defined by the education institution (typically six hours or equivalent for undergraduate and three hours or equivalent for graduate)
- Meet the qualification standards of the position
For more information on how to apply for Summer Hire positions, please contact the following by email:
- Barksdale AFB-Shanecer Johnson, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cannon AFB-Linda Shomo, email email@example.com
- Davis Monthan AFB-Gokcan Hart, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellsworth AFB- Carrie Brewer, email email@example.com
- Goodfellow AFB-Cherokee Chambers, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hickam AFB-Leslie Bryant, email email@example.com
- JB - MDL AFB-Meghan Cushman, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- JB-Charleston AFB- 2d Lt Thomas Mandel, email email@example.com
- JBER AFB-Richard Bottass, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- JBSA - Fort Sam- Elva Chavez, email email@example.com
- Keesler AFB-Darryl Bourne, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Langley AFB-Voncila C. Ward, email email@example.com
- Laughlin AFB-Kelvia Losoya, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- McConnell AFB-Tempest Copeland, email email@example.com
- New Boston -Hanscom AFB-Marie Danielson, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offutt AFB-Carla McCoy, email email@example.com
- Schriever AFB- Joseph Allen, email Joseph.Allen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seymour Johnson AFB-Cathleen Senatz, email email@example.com
- Travis AFB- Josie Tolentino, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- USAF Academy-Tim Countryman, email email@example.com
- Whiteman AFB-Kimberly Zungia, email firstname.lastname@example.org
(DO NOT EMAIL YOUR RESUME PACKAGE)
WG-01: All applicants must be enrolled in high school or have a high school diploma.
WG-02: All applicants must have successfully completed high school or a General Education diploma program.
WG-03: All applicants must have successfully completed 1 academic year of post-high school study.
WG-04: All applicants must have successfully completed of 2 academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts or Official Letter of Enrollment to support your educational claims. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
May work part-time or full-time schedules
Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term appointment with the Department of the Air Force.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application: Questionnaire
- Resume: For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list any relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Proof of enrollment/class registration
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans: If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - Submit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service/type under honorable conditions (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If you are also claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable).
ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The VOW Act requires federal agencies to treat an eligible active duty service member as a veteran, disabled veteran, and preference eligible (as applicable) when applying for civil service positions before the effective release or discharge date. Appointment of military members before the release or discharge date is permissible if the member is on terminal leave. At the time the active duty member applies for a civil position, he or she must submit a "certification" memo in lieu of a DD-Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Active duty members applying for a civil service position without submitting a valid certification memo or DD-Form 214 with their application will render the member ineligible for the position. The certification memo must originate from the member's military service branch on official letterhead and contain the following:
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Note: The VOW Act provides tentative preference. If appointed, a DD Form-214 must be submitted upon receipt.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 05/15/2020
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10725167
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application
. The Vacancy ID is 10725167
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here
. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance