Supervisory Business Development Specialist (MAP)
Minority Business Development Agency
Few vacancies in the following location:
Work Schedule is Competitive Service: Career or Career Conditional. - Full Time, Permanent
Opened Wednesday 1/11/2017
Closes Wednesday 1/18/2017
Salary Range $112,021.00 to $145,629.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-1101-14/14
Promotion Potential 14
Supervisory Status Yes
Who May Apply Current Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles; applicants eligible under special hiring authorities; veterans who are preference eligible, or separated from the U.S. Armed Forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service (VEOA).
Control Number 462102500
Job Announcement Number MBDA-OND-2016-0028
About the Agency
This vacancy is for a Supervisory Business Development Specialist position in the Minority Business Development Agency, located at the U.S. Department of Commerce in Washington, D.C.
The Office of Busines Development is the nucleus of MBDA's efforts to develop and implement programs designed to foster the growth and competitiveness of U.S. minority-owned businesses. The selectee of this position is responisble for managing the following business development teams: Access to Capital, Access to COntract, and Access to Markets. The selectee will supervise a staff of approximately ten business develpment specialists, and serve as principal advisor to the Chief of Business Development, and the Associate Director for Business Development. The selectee is replied upon to manage a full range of business development efforts related to capital acquisition, procurement, emerging markets, market penetration, and other informtation essential to the success of minority-owned businesses.
This position will be also announced under Delegated Examining procedures under announcement number MBDA-OND-2017-0006. Applicants who wish to be considered for this position must apply directly to this position.
The position is responsible for day-to-day management of MBDA's business development teams, which are tasked with addressing over-arching needs/barriers that affect minority-owned businesses. Specific responsibilities include planning and promoting successful strategies for executing initiatives related to three program areas; access to capital, contracts, and markets. The selectee will also perform the following duties:
- Managing the Access to Contracts Team, which includes directing the team leader in executing strategies that promote/maintain strategic procurement relationships with federal, state, and local government entities that result in contract opportunities for minority business enterprises.
- Managing the Access to Capital Team, which includes directing the team leader in executing strategies that remove capital access barriers and promote financing positions for minority business enterprises.
- Managing the Access to Markets Team, which includes directing the team leader in executing strategies that promotes increased access to new and emerging markets for minority business enterprises. In addition, the selectee will ensure that implemented strategies include the establishment of partnerships between minority business and large corporations to achieve broad market penetration, domestically and internationally.
- Managing communication of business development content for the Agency website that provides practical, product oriented tools and information to minority business enterprises.
- Supervising all business development specialists performing work within all three of the afore-mentioned teams. With regards to supervised staff, planning, managing risks, tracking, assigning, reviewing, and reporting work to subordinates, setting performance standards and evaluating performance; providing administrative and technical guidance to subordinates; making selections and approves reassignments and promotion; resolving complaints and grievances at that lowest level; ensures staff engagement; determining training needs; and participating in position/personnel management surveys and ensuring an efficient and economical position structure is established.
How to Apply