Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
THIS POSITION IS BEING REANNOUNCED TO SOLICIT ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS. APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT REAPPLY UNLESS SUBMITTED UPDATED AND/OR MISSING INFORMATION.
is located in the Clinical Services, Mental Health Section, Four Corners
Regional Health Center, Red Mesa, AZ. The position is to serve as Mental
Health Director and to provide mental health and clinical psychology services in the
outpatient setting, for individual adults, children and adolescents. Reports
directly to Chief Medical officer.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about this agency
- Provide comprehensive and skilled psychological evaluation and treatment services.
- Provide assessment, diagnosis and psychotherapy utilizing a broad range of therapeutic techniques.
- Administer, score, interpret psychological tests of children, adolescents and adults.
- Refer patient to appropriate contracted medical/psychiatric or other mental health care, to other IHS or public facilities.
- Supervises, directs and coordinate the Mental Health Department.
- Responsible for overall Quality Improvement program; participates in IHS's Improving Patient Care Initiatives.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to attend meetings and/or trainings.