Our mission is to fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Learn more about this agency
This is not a virtual position. The agency has determined that the duties of this position is suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
As a Supervisory Procurement Analyst, you will:
- Serve as a key employee to the Associate Executive Director for the SAC, providing expert acquisition support to the required functional areas within the SAC.
- Conduct reviews for quality control to assure that the SAC's acquisition program is carried out by promoting best practices and in accordance with accepted criteria established within the federal government.
- Serve as a senior/expert acquisition advisor for customers and contract specialists seeking to resolve high visibility or critical impact problems which have not been resolved by normal/routine corrective actions.
- Evaluate the content of new or modified legislation to identify projected impact upon SAC acquisition programs and procedures, recommend alternative courses of action, and proactively work with management and contract specialists to implement necessary business process changes or improvements.
- Direct and supervise the work of four subordinate employees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.