Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
03/08/2018 to 03/22/2018
$126,148 to $174,500 per year
Pay scale & grade
Full-Time - Full-time<br/><br/>
Permanent - Permanent<br/><br/>
1 vacancy in the following location:
As the Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) Technical Expert, you will serve as a recognized industry leader and independent advisor across FAS and GSA. You will monitor critical, Government-wide, state-of-the-art supply chain risk management (SCRM) programs and projects for all FAS portfolios, categories, and business lines that are essential to the mission of GSA and other federal agencies. Further, you will research, develop plans, and provide expert advice on supply chain risk management initiatives and implementations across FAS. In addition, coordination across federal agencies, OMB, Congress, other stakeholders, and with industry is a key component.
The SCRM Technical Expert is located in the Office of Policy and Compliance, FAS, and reports to the Assistant Commissioner for Policy and Compliance. The Office of Policy and Compliance is responsible for ensuring that FAS activities are fully compliant with all laws, regulations and policies, and that operating practices are consistent across business lines.
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.
You will have access to many benefits including:
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #18110020MP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
Learn more about this agency
As the SCRM Technical Expert, you will:
- Provide senior-level expertise and advice in the planning, developing and carrying out of vital projects related to supply chain, supply chain risk management and intelligence matters that are central to the Federal government. Recommendations resulting from this work involve highly significant programs and have an impact on GSA and other agencies, the results of which are critical to the mission of GSA and also have a government-wide impact affecting numerous federal agencies, industry, and substantial numbers of individuals on a long term and continuing basis.
- Work in conjunction with the Assistant Commissioner for Policy & Compliance to develop and communicate leadership initiatives and related action plans that deliver SCRM business and acquisition objectives for all FAS portfolios, categories and business lines.
- Work with each FAS category, program, and business line to implement SCRM practices and strategies into specific contracts and solutions.
- Assess market conditions, risks, and trends that impact the U.S. Government (USG) supplier base and supply chain.
- Provide senior-level expertise and guidance around SCRM activities, including but not limited to: risk analyses, acquisition strategy impacts, supplier analyses, market analyses, and work across USG and within GSA to develop and implement associated risk management strategies for FAS programs and contracts.
- Consult with OMB, other federal agencies and the Administration (e.g., National Security Council) on operational activity, delivery, and implementation of government-wide initiatives, including providing expert analysis and input on decisions prior to implementation.
- Support the FAS Leadership in communicating with OMB, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Serve as the lead FAS representative in various government-wide groups and meetings to discuss supply chain and intelligence based risks to USG.
- Aggregate and analyze market, industry, and supply chain data to improve performance of FAS solutions and decrease associated risks to USG.
- Work across FAS and GSA as a senior advisor/consultant to develop and implement a stakeholder engagement plan and coordinate with relevant organizations both inside and outside of GSA.
- As an industry leader, stay current on new supply chain management methodologies and risk protocols and mitigations, and provide expert advice and knowledge sharing with FAS leadership, managers, and end users to foster and enhance mission performance.
- Gather and interpret competitive market intelligence and review market research to guide FAS and GSA in making appropriate sourcing, demand management, and supplier relationship decisions.
- Using the strategic direction and prioritization of GSA, establish concepts, develop criteria, and advise federal agencies regarding government-wide SCRM strategies in a collaborative and structured process.
- Develop methods, procedures, and recommend policy to support enhanced SCRM strategies consistent with government needs.
- Determine gaps between anticipated needs and current offerings to meet strategic goals and acquisition needs.
- Develop and apply effective strategies, methods, procedures, and policies that help to support and grow the SCRM capability within GSA and to benefit government.
- As the technical expert in SCRM, leverage existing and develop new professional networks as needed to support and proliferate the success of the SCRM program in FAS.
- Serve as a catalyst for organizational change; build a shared vision with others; influence others to translate vision into action.
- Consult on national and/or international special projects or studies, work groups, task forces and panels, frequently focusing on unprecedented problems, policy making and shaping the future direction of Government.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent