The Surgical/Specialty Care Nursing Administrator is accountable to the Associate Director Patient Care Services/Nurse Executive (ADPCS/NE) through the Deputy Associate Director Patient Care Services (DADPCS) at this complex tertiary facility.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not inclusive of:
- Provides executive leadership and assumes continuing and substantial responsibility for the coordination and evaluation of integrated programs that cross service and/or discipline lines and influence organizational mission, vision, values and strategic priorities.
- Responsible for the overall administrative and clinical coordination, planning, organization and operation of Patient Care Services programs in the Surgical/Specialty Care Service Line.
- Oversees the full range of perioperative care, both inpatient and outpatient for approximately 3300 surgical patient/year, including interacting and collaborating with peer Nursing Administrators, DADPCS, ADPCS/NE, Surgical/Specialty Service Line Administrative Officer, Chief of Surgery, Attending and Resident physicians on a daily basis.
- Participates in the organization, administration, and establishment of policies, principles, and practices in accord with the stated philosophy and objectives of the service line.
- Participates in the recruitment of nursing personnel for Surgery and Specialty Care and is responsible for the efficient and effective management of resources within Surgical/Specialty Service Line.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, Administrative days
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.