About the Agency
Note: Additional vacancies and selections may occur within 90 days of announcement closing date.
*In order to receive consideration for this position, please ensure to submit ALL required documents indicated in the Required Document Section.*
Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! These serves are made available as a result of the extraordinary NAF Employee workforce that is focal point of what we do. Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
Assigned to the maintenance section as a Tractor Operator at Redstone Golf Course "The Links" located in Huntsville Alabama. The Links offers 36 challenging and scenic golf holes that are maintained throughout the year.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience."
- Incumbent operates a field-type tractor with attached and towed equipment.
- Plans the order in which work is to be accomplished; transports materials and equipment; and digs, loads, plants, clears, mows and dispenses liquid and solid materials.
- May operate under different conditions, such as mud, snow, and areas where trees and shrubs present operational hazards.
- Performs minor maintenance on field-type tractors and attached and towed equipment.
- Makes multiple connections between the tractor and attached or towed equipment.
- Adjusts the equipment for job requirements such as setting the height of mower blades, depth of plow blades, and the rate of application of sprayer attachments.