The selectee for this position will serve as a Transportation Assistant (Passenger) in the Personnel Support Detachment of PERS SUPPORT DET YOKOSUKA.
Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference eligibles residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Provide efficient, responsive and quality transportation services based on governing laws, directives and regulations.
- Determine travel entitlements, eligibility of personnel to include dependents, and passport and visa requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring work performed by the Commercial Transportation Office for compliance with the Navy Travel Services Contract reporting all non-compliance to the Transportation Officer for further action and resolution.
- Process No-Fee passport applications (regular, official, and diplomatic) for all military and civilian personnel and/or their dependents for all government-sponsored agencies within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of Centrally Billed Accounts is completed and accounts certified within three workdays to avoid prompt payment interest penalties.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Overseas Military Spouse, Overseas Family Member, Excepted Service Overseas Family Member, Current Permanent Competitive Service Internal Employees within the DON, Former Federal Employees, Individuals with Disabilities within the commuting area of the duty location listed for this position, VEOA, Interchange or ICTAP eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 6 groups.