THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard positions is for a WG-5801-08 ALLIED TRADES WORKER (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1220000 in SPMD 6021 and is part of the MO Combined Support Maintenance Shop.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is an Indefinite/Permanent (may retain current tenure if on-board) Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW
Clarification from the agency
WHO MAY APPLY: All qualified Missouri traditional guard members and those eligible for enlistment, appointment or transfer into the Missouri Army National Guard.
- Performs complicated skilled trades tasks in any Allied Trades Shops.
- Operates various welding equipment to include wire welders, torches, stick welders, plasma cutters to perform minor welding tasks following accepted shop practices.
- Uses jigs and fixtures in clamping pieces together to assemble and set up the part to be welded.
- Straightens, knocks out dents and creases, sands and finishes damaged parts.
- Paints a wide variety of vehicles using standard methods such as brushing, rolling, and spraying by the use of coating materials that are prepared according to directions.
- Applies coating techniques that assure surface is fully coated, protected, and free from drips and runs.
- Modifies, repairs and makes canvas parts such as truck tarpaulin, machinery and equipment covers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- If selected individual is in an Indefinite status (Tenure 3) with the Missouri Army National Guard, that individual will retain their Indefinite status.
- Any other individual selected for this position will be Indefinite.
- Advanced in hire rate may be granted to set pay above the minimum rate of the grade for a new employee if he/she possesses superior qualifications relevant to the positions' requirements and is essential to accomplish the agency's mission.
- Creditable Service for Annual Leave accrual may be granted to new employees if he/she possesses superior qualifications essential to the position; and which were acquired through performance in a non-federal or active duty uniformed service position.
- The duties performed in a non-federal or active duty uniformed service position must directly relate to the position to which appointed and such qualifications are necessary to achieve an important agency mission or performance goal to be eligible.
- Management has the right to convert this position to permanent status without re-advertising.
- If selected individual is in a Permanent status (Tenure 1 or 2) with the Missouri Army National Guard, that individual will retain their Permanent status.
- Indefinite employment can be terminated with a 30 day notice.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Army National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at (573) 638-9500 extension 37647 for questions concerning recoupment or termination.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Pre-placement or baseline physical are required for newly hired or appointed Wage Grade personnel who may be potentially exposed to health hazards in the work environment.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position. Selected candidate will be required to be in a compatible military assignment prior to effective date of placement. Selected candidate must be MOS qualified within 12 months from date of appointment.
Enlisted - CMF 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92 or 94
Maximum Military Grade - CSM (E-9)
Supervisor must verify that selected individual occupies a compatible military position. Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess experience, education or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
WG-08 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 12 months of specialized experience in removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing parts and components of combat, tactical, commercial, automotive, and special purpose vehicles and equipment. Experience must also demonstrate basic understanding of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other non-mechanical systems theories, and skill to replace, fit, install and adjust systems. Experience in reading and interpreting parts list, manufacturer's repair manuals, technical manuals, diagrams, engineering drawings, and schematics.
This is an open continuous announcement. Applicants will be reviewed monthly. Recruitment will continue through the closing date or until the position is filled.
This job does not have a qualification requirement that allows substitution of education for specialized experience.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
- Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11910029
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.