Few vacancies in the following locations:
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
U.S. and non-U.S. Citizens
This position is located at the Coyote Lanes Snack Bar at the Yuma Proving Ground Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Division.
Learn more about this agency
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items. Mixes ingredients according to precisely written recipes.
- Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, or breading.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources.
- Cleans, stores, and maintains all equipment and work areas after each use.
- Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food. Ensures that foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacteria growth.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a medical examination.
- Incumbent may be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
Work experience in preparing foods and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria, restaurant, or mess.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is LOCAL which is 75 miles from Yuma Proving Ground. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM CST by 11/17/2021 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- DA Form 3433
- DA Form 3434, PCS Orders for Military Spouses and Marriage License, BBA Letter, Transition Assistance Card for Involuntarily Separated Military
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11240380. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process, please contact our office at (903)334-1398.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance