Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
07/30/2021 to 07/29/2022
This job is open continuously and will remain open for an extended period of time. We will fill jobs as they become available. The next consideration date is 8/30/2021. Learn more
Pay scale & grade
$14.70 to $14.70 per hour
LOCALITY PAY INCLUDED
Permanent - FLEX POSITION - NO BENEFITS
Part-time - FLEX POSITION - NO BENEFITS
5 vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
NAF - 02318
Performs daily housekeeping duties as required, which includes, but is not limited to: dusting/polishing furniture; trash removal; vacuuming and/or sweeping floors; cleaning/sanitizing bathrooms and kitchen areas; making beds and removing/changing bedding; restocking amenities, bed and bath linens, and other guest room supplies.
Learn more about this agency
Performs deep cleaning as required. Deep cleaning may include defrosting the refrigerator, cleaning windows (inside and out), replacing and/or cleaning drapes, moving furniture and cleaning normally hidden areas, carpet cleaning (shampoo and/or spot treatment, cleaning walls/woodwork, and other such tasks. Irregular working hours will be required to include early shift, late shift, evenings, weekends and holidays. Performs other related duties as required.
Not required - Not Required
Conditions Of Employment
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
- Six months experience desired.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to apply general knowledge of cleaning procedures and proper use of cleaning equipment and approved, commonly used chemicals and adherence to basic safety policies is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds and assisted lifting in excess of 45 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English both verbally and in writing with management, staff and guests.
As a condition of employment participation in direct deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer upon employment is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
How You Will Be Evaluated
All applications are carefully reviewed and evaluated for qualification requirements which are based on job requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) in the position description (PD).
Background checks and security clearance
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a complete copy of sponsor’s orders. NF-3 and below.
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
FLEX POSITION WITH NO BENEFITS
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Submit a NAF employment application to the NAF Human Resource 737 Avenger Ave, NAS Lemoore, California 93246 or fax to (559) 998-4892. Applicants claiming spouse preference must complete a NAF employment application, a spousal preference form and attach copy of valid PCS orders. Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com . Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at http://navylifesw.com/lemoore/about/jobs .
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com
- If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: firstname.lastname@example.org. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET.
- Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or submit all required forms may not be considered. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection.Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process. Applications submitted to any FFR facility or Program Manager other than the HRO Office will not be considered.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance