Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Please see the "Who May Apply" section under the Qualifications section.
About the position:
Learn more about this agency
This position will be assigned to the Youth Center at F.E. Warren AFB, Wyoming.
This position is considered Flexible. The position is guaranteed zero hours, but has the potential to work up to 40 hours per week. As a flexible employee, you are not eligible for leave or benefits. The hiring pay rate for this position is set by Federal pay setting regulations at $9.32.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sets up cafeteria lines, steam tables, dining room tables, and side service stands with hot and cold food items including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter and beverages. Serves food cafeteria style. Breaks down and cleans area when meals are complete. Sets up dining room tables for service, places food and beverages on tables, and replenishes items as necessary.
- Sets up and operates dishwashers, performs preventive maintenance and cleaning. Scrapes, soaks, scours, and scrubs bowls, pots and pans. Also performs heavy duty cleaning tasks such as ceilings, exhaust hoods, under and behind kitchen equipment, washes floors and walls, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, sanitizes garbage cans.
- May unload food from delivery trucks. Collects and transfers trash from work area to disposal area.
- Assembles and tosses fresh fruit or green salads in quantity, serves into standard serving sizes. Makes cold sandwiches using prepared ingredients. Makes coffee, tea and other beverages.
PHYSICAL EFFORTS: Frequently lifts or moves objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Continuous standing, walking, frequents stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and bending. May be required to work on ladders and use powered cleaning equipment.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11074219
Conditions Of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and one every three years thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 06/04/2021
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Must be able to follow simple oral instructions, be able to use hand tools for cleaning, and operate simple machines.
- Must be skilled in doing tasks with several steps and must use judgment in sequencing tasks.
- Must have knowledge of sanitation standards in handling and serving food, and for cleaning equipment and work area.
- Must be physically able to frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Direct deposit is required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A probationary period may be required
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD)
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position's qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Background checks and security clearance
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse Preference - MSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- Disability Letter (VA)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy you must apply and complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 06/04/2021 to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJobs account to apply. If you do not have a USAJobs account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJobs account and designate the document type when submitting your application. Failure to complete this portion will result in an incomplete application package and you will not be further considered for this vacancy.
It is your responsibility to ensure your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date.
Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Applicant
To verify or check the status of your application, log into your USAJobs account. Once logged in, the Welcome screen lists your applications, your application status and the date it was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application Information (https://help.usastaffing.gov/apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information)
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Times may vary during the hiring process, as your application status updates/changes you will be notified with a notification letter via email.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance