THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0203-05/06/07 HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1052000 in FAC110000 and is part of the MO Directorate of Human Resources.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining position.
Clarification from the agency
WHO MAY APPLY: All qualified Missouri traditional guard members and those eligible for enlistment, appointment or transfer into the Missouri Air National Guard.
- Provides advice and support to ARNG and ANG managers, supervisors, and AGR personnel on full range of military staffing matters.
- Determines minimum qualification requirements in accordance with appropriate regulations. Develops position announcements, locates position applicants, validates funding and certifies position is valid and vacant.
- Provides regulatory information and completes documentation required for actions such as fraudulent enlistment, involuntary order to active duty, conviction of military personnel by civilian authority, State Military Code violations, etc.
- Compiles and sends results of nomination/selection board to State Adjutant General or his designated representative for reviews. Notifies candidates of the results of their application.
- Develops candidate evaluation criteria and evaluates candidate eligibility, and refers qualified candidates for selection consideration to the nomination/selection board.
- Establishes rating and ranking boards and serves as an advisor to or a member of the boards. Maintains necessary documents associated with recruitment and placement priority lists for over graded AGR personnel.
- Uses a variety of authorization documents, regulations and guides in determining positions to be filled and procedures to be followed in staffing positions.
- Develops localized AGR job standards in accordance with Military Occupation Skill (MOS)/Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) regulatory guidance.
- Staffs and executes reduction-in-force procedures. Coordinates with the appropriate Human Resources Specialist regarding restoration following AGR tours, probationary periods, and priority placement programs.
- Provides advice to management regarding all actions associated with AGR military compatibility. Ensures that retention boards are conducted in a timely manner. Compiles tour continuation board results for NGB review.
- Coordinates with the Plans and Operations Training Office and the ARNG Military Personnel Office to locate and use resources to meet identified training needs.
- Gathers pertinent information on the effectiveness of the AGR force in accomplishing the required mission, functions and tasks. Recommends changes to appropriate managers, supervisors and higher graded specialist.
- Serves as point of contact regarding NGB manpower evaluations and survey site visits pertaining to AGR personnel. To facilitate visits by NGB personnel, incumbent is required to gather and formalize specific data pertaining to the AGR force.
- Monitors the military performance evaluation program for all AGR personnel. May serve as coordinator or conference leader for courses and briefings conducted by the AGR section.
- Gathers information for force structure reorganization based on projected mission and/or organizational changes for
formulation of future staffing plan.
- Plans and administers the programs for recruitment, appointment, utilization and distribution, military career-field classification and related career and promotional development of AGR personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Advanced in hire rate may be granted to set pay above the minimum rate of the grade for a new employee if he/she possesses superior qualifications relevant to the positions' requirements and is essential to accomplish the agency's mission.
- Creditable Service for Annual Leave accrual may be granted to new employees if he/she possesses superior qualifications essential to the position; and which were acquired through performance in a non-federal or active duty uniformed service position.
- The duties performed in a non-federal or active duty uniformed service position must directly relate to the position to which appointed and such qualifications are necessary to achieve an important agency mission or performance goal to be eligible.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Air National Guard recruiter at 1-800-864-6264 prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at Whiteman AFB at (660) 687-7394 or at St. Joseph at (816) 236-3339 for any questions concerning recoupment or termination.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter at 1-800-864-6264 prior to applying for this position. Selected candidate will be required to be in a compatible military assignment prior to effective date of placement. Selected candidate must be AFSC qualified within 12 months from date of appointment.
Maximum Military Grade - MSgt (E-7)
Enlisted - AFSC 3F0X1, 3F2X1 or 3F3X1
Supervisor must verify that selected individual occupies a compatible military position. Title 32 National Guard employees will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position; and experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-07 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 12 months of specialized experience applying military Human Resources rules, procedures and operations sufficient to process and/or review a variety of military personnel actions/transactions; reviewing and processing military personnel actions to determine if requested action is substantiated by the documentation submitted; skill in compiling information and preparing technical reports
GS-06 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 9 months of specialized experience that demonstrates your ability to provide and perform a segment of the human resource actions which requires knowledge of processing a variety of unique official personnel tasks; follow oral or written instructions to accomplish work and prepare technical reports and correspondence; establish and retrieve files and information; deal cooperatively with others to obtain needed information to complete proposed actions to ensure that documentation is correct and sufficient; and use common computer software designed for word processing.
GS-05 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 6 months of specialized experience, education or training that provided knowledge of general office work which may include but is not limited to: answering telephones, receiving and distributing mail and maintaining records; experience following oral or written instructions to accomplish work; establishing and retrieving files and information; and using common computer software designed for word processing.
This position may be filled at the GS-05 or GS-06 trainee grade or the target grade of GS-07. An applicant who is selected at one of the trainee grades will have potential for promotion to the target grade of GS-07 without further competition. Promotion to full operating/journeyman level will be made after qualifications and eligibility requirements have been met and the incumbent is performing at the higher level in a satisfactory manner.
This is an open continuous announcement. Applicants will be reviewed monthly. Recruitment will continue through the closing date or until the position is filled.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience at the GS-05 grade level only.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position at the GS-05 grade level, you must possess 3 academic years of education in an accredited college or university and at least 90 semester hours of study.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
- Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12013046
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.