Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
09/24/2021 to 10/07/2021
Pay scale & grade
$37,000 to $45,000 per year
This position IS entitled to 4.42% COLA (Island of Hawaii Big Island).
Full-time - 40 Hours
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
This announcement is open to the general public, to include U.S. and non-U.S. citizens.
This position is located at Kilauea Military Camp (KMC), Big Island of Hawaii.
Learn more about this agency
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Serves as Hotel Manager with responsibility for directing all phases of lodging property having 50+ rooms.
- Ensures the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding planned objectives and by executing planning functions that meet guest expectations through high quality standards.
- Manages all departments in accordance with Army Lodging Standards, regulatory guidance, internal controls. Develops overall plans/procedures for facility administration, operations, quality assurance, force protection, security, contingency plans.
- Evaluates management, maintenance and operating cost to determine the most efficient and economic service possible. Establishes operational policy in all areas of the facility.
- Develops and maintains responsibility for execution of the five-year capital expenditure budget, and annual operating budget as a function of requirements balanced against available cash flows. Supervises subordinate hotel managers and supervisors.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Tier 1 background investigation.
1. Must have progressive work experience that demonstrates the ability and skill to perform the duties described above to include supervisory, business or hotel management work experience.
2. Documented experience must have been equivalent in complexity and difficulty to the next lower grade/level.
3. Must have excellent organizational skills.
4. Must be highly skilled in written and verbal communications.
5. Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and other software as required.
Preferred are those candidates who possess a four (4) year College Degree in Hospitality Management and work experience in the field of Hospitality Management or
Three (3) years of supervisory experience in Hotel Management and one of the following:
1. Certification as a department manager, i.e. Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS), Certified Rooms Division Executive (CRDE) or Certified Lodging Manger (CLM).
2. Possess the Army Lodging Certificate in Advance Hospitality Management.
3. Possess an Associate Degree in Hospitality Management or Business Management.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED CRITERIA:
1. Possess two (2) years in Lodging experience in a Hotel, Resort or recreation lodging operations.
Resume MUST clearly reflect the knowledge and experience listed under the minimum qualifications criteria above.
NOTE: Applicants who met both minimum qualifications and highly qualifying / best qualified criteria will be referred to the selecting official for consideration first.
To be evaluated as a highly preferred/best qualified candidate, your resume MUST clearly reflect the knowledge and experience listed under the highly qualified/ best qualified criteria above.
If using education to qualify for this position, transcripts must be uploaded and provided with application to receive consideration.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is WORLDWIDE.
- Note: Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs IS NOT authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM H.S.T. by 10/07/2021 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date.
- This is a Standing Register, first Cut Off will be on October 7, 2021.
- Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
- Army NAF Paysetting rules/requirements apply to this vacancy announcement.
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
If you are claiming any of the above eligibilities, your supporting documentation must be received at the time of application.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- DA Form 3434
- Professional Certification
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11247137. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance