The CDC utilize Direct Hire Authority to fill vacancies in a variety of occupations. The vacancy is a REPOSITORY of applications.
Applications may be periodically referred to hiring managers both during the open period and after the closing date. Because of the large number of applications anticipated, applicants' status will not be updated.
Clarification from the agency
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration. You are applying to a resume database. Your resume and any documents submitted will be retained and may be used at any time during or after the open period of this Public Notice. U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to the grade level and series of the position. See specifics for the occupation and grade for which you are applying on the following CDC link: Direct Hiring Authority | Working at CDC | Careers at CDC
This public notice will be used to fill the positions listed below at multiple grade levels and locations.
Program Analyst (Data Analytics)- Grades GS-7 through GS-14
Public Health Analyst (Data Analytics)- Grades GS-7 through GS-14
IT Specialist (DATAMGMT)- Grades GS-7 through GS-14
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Bargaining Unit Position: May be a bargaining unit position.
- Due to positions being filled at multiple grade levels and locations, you may be subject to initial and random drug testing.
- Supervisory position: No
- This position may be subject toa OGE Financial Disclosure CDC Financial Disclosure-The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
- This position may be subject to a Background/Security Investigation.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
GS-7: At least 1 year of graduate-level education or superior academic achievement OR 1 year of specialized experience to at least GS-5
GS-9: At least 2 years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree OR 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-7
GS-11: At least 3 years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-9
GS-12 & above: At least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
A copy of your transcripts or equivalent documentation is required for positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying based on education or a combination of education and experience. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For more information, visit https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications/.
Telework: This position has been designated as telework eligible and:
This position is being filled through Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens.
- May include remote work or telework options, and/or flexible work scheduling. These options may be requested once you have become an employee and you will be required to sign a Workplace Flexibilities Agreement that details remote or telework working conditions and expectations in accordance with the CDC Workplace Flexibilities Policy
- For more information visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/job-announcement/telework/
Vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location CDC-wide.
The utilization of shared certificates within multiple Centers of the Center of Disease Control and Prevention may be used from this vacancy announcement for specialties to include but not limited to: Applied Epidemiology, Behavioral Epidemiology, Chronic Diseases, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Emerging Infectious Diseases, Environmental Health, HIV/AIDS, Immunization, Infectious Diseases (e.g. Viral, Parasitic, etc.), Influenza, Malaria, Non-communicable Diseases, Outbreak Investigations, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), Surveillance, Tropical Medicine, Tuberculosis (TB), Viral Hepatitis, and/or Zoonotic Diseases.
Travel, transportation, and moving expenses: May be authorized.
Recruitment and/or relocation incentives may be authorized.
Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized. ??????
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Additional selections may be made for similar positions across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) of the location identified in this announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with interested selecting official(s) at HHS. Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions across HHS.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
To apply for this position, you MUST submit a complete Application Package which includes the following. Note: All material must be in English.
1. Your résumé showing name, work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (month/year) of employment and duties performed. (If you are a current or former Federal employee provide your pay plan, series and grade in your resume, i.e., GS-0301-9). Cover letter is optional.
Do not include the following types of information in your profile or resume:
2. Transcripts (if qualifying based on education OR combination of education and experience)
- Classified or government sensitive information
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Photos of yourself
- Personal information, such as age, gender, religious affiliation, etc.
- Encrypted and digitally signed documents
- You may submit an unofficial transcript with your application package. An official transcript from an accredited educational institution is required if you are selected for the position.
3. Career Transition Assistance Plan
(CTAP)/ Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
- Supporting documentation i.e., Reduction in Force (RIF) notice or Certificate of Expected Separation (CES), AND most recent:
- Annual performance appraisal
- SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action)
5. Current or Former Political Appointees:
- DD-214 (Member 4 copy) or other Armed Forces/Department of Veterans Affairs official documentation reflecting dates of service and type of discharge, and if applicable:
- 10-point preference eligible:
- Serving under Active Duty:
- Certification from Armed Forces reflecting rank, dates of service, and discharge/release will be within 120 days from date of certification under honorable conditions
- Visit FedsHireVets
Agencies must seek prior approval from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) before they can appoint a current or recent political appointee to a competitive or non-political excepted service position at any level under the provisions of title 5, United States Code. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you MUST disclose that to the Human Resources Office. Failure to disclose this information could result in disciplinary action including removal from Federal Service. Current or Former Political Appointees: Submit SF-50.
Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.
For Résumé and Application Tips visit: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Tips.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 03/29/2024 of this announcement to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
If you are unable to apply online:
- Applicants external to CDC - Contact the CDC Helpdesk by phone (770) 488-1725 or email HRCS@CDC.GOV.
- Applicants internal to CDC - Contact the OHR Service Desk.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. Applying online, through your USAJOBS account, will expedite the application process and allow you to check your application. If you utilize the Alternate Application method, your USAJOBS account will not display this application or status updates related to this application.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap
. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link:
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 45 days of the closing date of this announcement.You will receive notice via email once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
HHS has a critical preparedness and response mission: HHS protects the American people from health threats, researches emerging diseases, and mobilizes public health programs with domestic and international partners. In support of this mission, HHS offers its employees the opportunity to volunteer to become Federal Civilian Detailees and contribute their unique skills through voluntary temporary assignments to humanitarian emergencies or Departmental priorities countering new and emerging health, safety, and security threats.