About the position: This position will be assigned to the Outdoor Recreation.
Come be a part of something great! We are looking for motivated, honest, and reliable applicants to make this team even better!
Clarification from the agency
Please see the "Who May Apply" section under the Qualifications section.
- Performs and/or assists other recreation assistants or specialists in the operation and maintenance of indoor and/or outdoor recreational facilities.
- Types of duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Executes equipment checkout transactions using RecTrac computer system or NAF Collection Sheet.
- Ensures equipment is clean and serviceable at time of rental check out and rental check in.
- Performs regular equipment inventories to maintain cleanliness and serviceability.
- Assists customers, accepts payment, and executes transactions for all ODR related facilities and programs.
- Lifts equipment items such as: bounce houses, lawn mowers, tables, trailers, etc., and returns them to their proper display or storage location after check in procedures.
- Properly tags and forwards equipment needing major repair to ODR mechanical staff.
- Maintains cleanliness inside and outside of ODR facilities; responsible for grounds maintenance and upkeep of ODR facilities.
- Picks up trash and debris; cuts and pulls weeds.
- Uses basic hand or power mower and/or weed eater to maintain grass and cleanup/clear small bushes.
- Cleans and washes recreation and maintenance equipment.
- Loads and unloads trash bags, bulky supplies, and/or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Cleans yard or cement area by spraying or sweeping.
- Operates a government vehicle to drive to and from specific areas on base to perform duties assigned.
- Observes safety rules, regulations, and posted traffic signs.
- Performs cash handling duties to include issuing change and preparing AF Form 1875.
- Accepts and processes UPS packages for mailing in accordance with UPS shipping standards.
- Provides assistance in copy and key cutting services, and with retail items.
- Assists customers with information and booking of Outdoor Adventure Program (OAP) trips.
- Assists with preparations of equipment for OAP events, community events, and/or group activities which require more than one staff monitor.
- Assists with general oversight and administrative duties, equipment and facility upkeep, and event planning of paintball operations.
- May work uncommon tour of duty to include days, nights, weekends, holidays, and family/down days.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This position is a drug testing designated position (TDP). Incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
- Maintains professional customer service.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ensures compliance with fire and safety standards, regulations, and policies.
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, completing routine and regularly assigned duties in a reasonable amount of time.
- Operates government vehicle in a safe manner adhering to all traffic rules and regulations.
- When using specific equipment wears applicable safety gear.
- Accurately maintains and controls records pertaining to cash handling and NAF accounting regulations.
- Regularly keeps supervisor informed of progress and advises supervisor of any problems or unusual situations that may impact operations.
- Attends all formal and/or informal training applicable to the position, as deemed necessary by supervisor or higher headquarters.
- Obtains product knowledge through on-the-job training to assist customers.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in First Aid and CPR for adults and children.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12134122
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
- Must be able to complete pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to complete pre-employment drug testing.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Must be available for shift work including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and down days.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date,
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Practical knowledge of recreational activities, rules, and procedures.
- Ability to safeguard and handle cash and skill in the use and maintenance of various recreational equipment and facilities are desirable; however, no experience is required.
- Ability to use, control and clean basic hand tools and simple power equipment is desirable.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic problems and make change when receiving monetary funds from customers.
- Knowledge of basic and practical recreational activities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must possess basic skill in dealing with the public.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Conditions of employment: Must possess a valid driver's license. This position requires favorable completion of a Tier 1 background investigation. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.
- This position is included in a bargaining unit.
- Union Name AFGE Local 1406.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position's qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse Preference - MSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement. If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- Disability Letter (VA)
- Other (1)
- Other (2)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete
application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
To be considered for this vacancy you must apply and complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 10/02/2023 to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJobs account to apply. If you do not have a USAJobs account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJobs account and designate the document type when submitting your application. Failure to complete this portion will result in an incomplete application package and you will not be further considered for this vacancy.
It is your responsibility to ensure your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date.
Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Applicant
To verify or check the status of your application, log into your USAJobs account. Once logged in, the Welcome screen lists your applications, your application status and the date it was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application Information (https://help.usastaffing.gov/apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information)
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Times may vary during the hiring process, as your application status updates/changes you will be notified with a notification letter via email.