Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
09/17/2021 to 01/31/2022
Pay scale & grade
$19.09 to $22.28 per hour
Most individuals will be brought in at the Step 1 rate of pay which is $19.09 per hour. NAF pay setting rules apply.
Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
This position is located at the Army Community Recreation Division at Victor Constant Ski Area.
Learn more about this agency
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Operates a variety of vehicles: pickup truck with snowplow, ATV's, snow cats, snowmobiles, and large mowing machines.
- Troubleshoots, performs and coordinates maintenance and repairs on equipment and machines. Work involves removing, replacing, adjusting, or cleaning defective parts of components of the assigned equipment.
- Performs facility and grounds maintenance to include seasonal winterization/de-winterization, ground restoration, grass cutting, weed whacking, tree trimming, construction and maintenance of small buildings, cleaning and rental equipment repairs.
- Operates a variety of equipment and machinery such as: electric snowmaking machines, chairlift, rope tow, high pressure air/water pumps, air compressors, aftercoolers, chain saws, pressure washers, and miscellaneous power tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- This position has been designated as a testing designated position (TDP). As a condition of employment, incumbent of a TDP is subject to a random drug test.
- Medical examination required. Physical effort includes prolonged periods of standing, walking, bending, climbing, stooping, working in uncomfortable positions; lifting/carrying equipment and parts weighing up to 50lbs.
- Most work performed outdoors or in open area shops. Incumbent is exposed to long period of extreme cold, wind and inclement weather, high levels of noise, slippery surfaces, day and night in the winter.
- Must be willing to accept a varying or rotating shift to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All federal government employees, whether regular full-time or regular part-time, are eligible to apply for this position.
Demonstrated work experience directly related to the duties to be performed as identified below to include the listed knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Experience operating a variety of equipment, machines and vehicles, including but not limited to diesel tracked vehicles (snowcat), John Deere Utility Tractor, motor v1600 cfm(cubic feet per minute) diesel air compressor, 440V snow making machine (SMI), Borvig electric chair lift, electric rope tow, all-terrain vehicles (ATV), standard shift 4x4 trucks, fuel/water pumps and miscellaneous hand/power tools.
2. Basic knowledge and understanding of electricity, plumbing, and carpentry repairs.
3. Ability to perform troubleshooting and routine repairs on gas/diesel engines and mechanical mechanisms.
4. Ability to trouble shoot, diagnose and perform repairs/maintenance of major and minor equipment, hand tools and light machinery.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria and other characteristics as listed above. It is recommended that all of the above be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position.
HIGHLY PREFERRED are applicants who possess the minimum qualifications above AND:
1.Possess a valid driver's license.
Proof of license will be required prior to appointment.
Applicants meeting the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred first to the Selecting Official. All other applicants will be referred for consideration if the certificate (referral list) is returned with no selection.
Initial Cut-Off Date:
- Monday, October 4, 2021 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST). Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement. Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur every two weeks thereafter based on management's need to fill positions.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 50 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- Manual Application: West Point is not receiving manual applications at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in a manual application, please send your request to the email listed below with the Vacancy Number and the position's title. An application will be emailed to you. The completed application and supporting documentation can be emailed back.
NOTE: Applications will not be reviewed for completeness and any incomplete applications will result in an ineligible rating. We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- Marriage Certificate
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11235810. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance