THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0101-11 SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE SPECIALIST (VICTIM AD) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D2686000.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Temporary vacancy NTE one year in the Excepted Service. This is a non-bargaining position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
Clarification from the agency
WHO MAY APPLY: All qualified Missouri traditional guard members and those eligible for enlistment, appointment or transfer into the Missouri Army National Guard.
- Assists victims of sexual assault and domestic violence towards the process of recovery, through advocacy and resource information.
- Provides continuity of care and ensure coordination with all applicable National Guard functions, State SAPR and DPH.
- Conducts risk assessments of individuals to determine immediate needs and evaluates safety and levels of risks; provides emotional support and guidance to victims in crisis while addressing the individual?s needs and desires.
- Provides crisis intervention in the immediate aftermath of sexual assault or domestic violence/abuse and develops safety plans based on initial and ongoing risk assessments.
- Provides restricted and unrestricted reporting options addressing confidential disclosure and privacy to the victim.
- Notifies the DPH and law enforcement and provide physical support by being present until the DPH can coordinate the appropriate next steps during imminent risk of serious harm or death.
- Directs the victim to DPH, or civilian authorities if DPH is unavailable, when a sexual assault or domestic violence case involves child abuse or a victim under the age of 18.
- Completes required reports/documents on incidents of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Assists the State SAPR in the supervision of volunteer Victim Advocates.
- Conducts assessments, to identify risk factors and assist clients to formulate safety plans; and designs and implements goals and objectives for service plans.
- Analyzes and evaluates assessment data gathered to provide initial planning and provide follow-up interventions with clients regarding identified risk factors.
- Plans and coordinates prevention and awareness for other programs.
- Maintains a program data referral collection log reflecting program transactions and activity for the FAP.
- Provides public relations and marketing promoting victim services to Wing/BDE/JFHQ-State and community personnel to include family members.
- Serves on the Wing/BDE/JFHQ-State sexual assault prevention and response (SAPR) Case Management team and ensures State SAPR is kept abreast of victim?s status/case.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Under a temporary appointment, employment is subject to termination at any time.
- This position can be filled up to four years as long as funds are available to support it.
- In the event a permanent (Tenure 1 or 2) employee is selected, and is willing to accept the temporary appointment, that employee will relinquish permanent status.
- Advanced in hire rate may be granted to set pay above the minimum rate of the grade for a new employee if he/she possesses superior qualifications relevant to the positions' requirements and is essential to accomplish the agency's mission.
- Creditable Service for Annual Leave accrual may be granted to new employees if he/she possesses superior qualifications essential to the position; and which were acquired through performance in a non-federal or active duty uniformed service position.
- Must be able to comply with the COVID-19 vaccine requirements for service branch.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Army National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri Air National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the Missouri Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Missouri Army National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at (573) 638-9500 extension 39637 for questions concerning recoupment or termination.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
- The duties performed in a non-federal or active duty uniformed service position must directly relate to the position to which appointed and such qualifications are necessary to achieve an important agency mission or performance goal to be eligible.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS:Since the position is temporary in nature, the compatibility requirements will be waived for a period of time not to exceed one year. Selecting official must verify that selected individual is currently assigned to a military unit in the Missouri National Guard and that the selection does not create grade inversion.
Title 32 National Guard employees will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: All on-board National Guard Title 32 Excepted Service employees assigned to Title 32 Excepted Service SAPR Program, must be certified at the next higher grade-level before considered as eligible for merit promotions to Series GS-0101 SAPR Program positions; AND, must have a minimum of one year on-the-job experience in the grade immediately below the next higher level. New hire applicant (to include an on-board Title 32 or a Title 5 Excepted Service employee) who is employed in a different series' position, must have at least two years on-the-job experience that are commensurate or equivalent to Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Program business, with demonstrated understanding of the principles and concepts defined by a practical knowledge of family programs, military community services, victim advocacy and/or associated functional areas. The following basic qualification factors are applicable for this position: Skill in collecting and analyzing data effectively, efficiently, and accurately; ability to clearly enunciate English without impediment of speech that would interfere or prohibit effective communication; ability to write English in reports and presentation formats; ability to communicate clearly and effectively; skill in presenting formal training presentations and briefings; ability to assess body language and perceive emotional and/or distress levels; and, skill in applying procedures and directives by reading and interpreting program material.
GS-11 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 36 months of specialized experience, education or training on analyzing problems, identifying significant factors, gathering pertinent data and recognizing solutions; preparing reports, plans, policies and various correspondence; evaluating objectives and develop plans to facilitate the availability and effective utilization of various social science resources. The specialized experience must also include knowledge of the organization and its mission and utilized the organizational staff procedures; experience applying analytical and evaluative techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of social science program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support functions.
Must be currently credentialed with D-SAACP.
This is an open continuous announcement. Applicants will be reviewed monthly. Recruitment will continue through the closing date or until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position. (Include legible copies of transcripts showing awarded degree with application.)
Combination of education and experience that provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field (e.g. counseling, psychology, etc.). The quality of the combination of education and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate the applicant possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform work in the occupation, and is comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of a full 4-year course of study with a major in the appropriate field.
Four years of appropriate experience that demonstrated the applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field. Applicants may meet minimum qualification requirements through experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
- Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11887515
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.